Smart cards are named by the chip models. There are two types: Contact IC card and Contactless Card (RFID). Contactless card chip is embedded inside of PVC layer, you cannt distinguish it from the appearance. The normally thickness is 0.84mm, a bit thicker than plastic card(0.76mm).
The popular type is EM4102 for acess control applications, currently GK4001 (chip in Taiwan) did replaced it due to the cost is only half, function is same. popular in global RFID market for payment applications as it can be read/write, information storge of 1K bye memory.
Two effects of the surface: Glossy finished/ matt finished. Nowadays glossy finished type is widely used, because it is available with personalization later. And matt finished type advantage is able to avoid the scratch vestige.
* Offset Printing with CMYK or Pantone colors
* Silk-screen printing with metallic, sliver effect
* Magnetic Stripe HiCo2750, HiCo4000 or LoCo300
* Serial Number or UID number printing
* Signature Panel
* Barcode printing
* Photo personalization
* Chip encoding
* UV printing
Application: Access control / Membership Loyalty System / Time attendance / Hotel locks / Payments / Transportations
* 125kHz RFID: EM4102, EM4100, GK4001; EM4550, EM4069; T5577; Hitag1, Hitag2, Hitag S256
* 13.56MHz ISO14443A:
* 13.56MHz ISO15693: ICODE SLI; Tag-it 2048